As the first syndicate focused exclusively on healthcare, the StartUp Health Syndicate features select investment opportunities from the StartUp Health, a global health innovation company. The StartUp Health Platform, including its Academy, Network and Innovation Fund, is empowering a global network of entrepreneurs and innovators to transform healthcare.
Syndicate Backers get exclusive access to companies receiving the support of a full-time team of entrepreneur coaches who provide programming and relationships for every stage of a company’s lifecycle.
We are tracking more than 5,000 healthcare startups globally giving us unique insight into new technologies, solutions, business models and talent.
- There are 106 StartUp Health companies, from 11 countries and more than 55 cities, have cumulatively raised $211M+.
- 4 StartUp Health companies have been acquired in the last 18 months - Basis Science by Intel, Avado by WebMD, Gritness by Under Armour and Arpeggi by Gene by Gene.
- StartUp Health is chaired by Jerry Levin, former chairman and CEO of Time Warner, led by serial entrepreneurs, Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes, and supported by a full-time team of 25.
- Investors in StartUp Health and the StartUp Health Innovation Fund include Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Roger Ehrenberg, Wayne Kimmel and Jason Finger.
- Notable strategic partners and investors include AARP, AON, Aurora Health Care, California Healthcare Foundation, Cleveland Clinic, Conifer Health Solutions, GE Ventures, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and SeventySix Capital.